AVIC411.com

subwoofers dont hit hard hooked up to the radio

After much tuning around with the headunit, amps and the Auto EQ Mic, I now hear the bass that I was missing.  I turned off LPF/HPF on my both of my amps and decided to use the HU crossover...WOW!  It made a big difference!!  For the subwoofer, I placed the crossover at 50hz with a slope of -6db (since I'm only looking for the low bass frequency), next I placed the HPF for both my front and rear speakers at 200Hz with a slope of -6db.  I used the Auto EQ Mic, adjusted the Listening Position (Front Left) and BAM!!!  My sound was booming!!  Started hearing my Low Bass, Crisp Highs and Clear Mids.  Thanks for your help, guys.

I haven't actually used AutoEQ on my NEX, but when I calibrated on former HU's, what I set my LPF/HPF/Slopes, Sub phase and level to before performing the AutoEQ calibration procedure didn't matter.  AutoEQ changes them as it saw fit.  Check them after the calibration process....