AVIC411.com

Update 1.11 now available (Avicsync)

I did...and it did it's thing...but my BT version is (still) 3.21.30.

RC

Put the usb stick with the update back in usb1, make sure you phone isn't paired to the head unit BT, go to the BT menu and do the BT firmware update. That will update your BT software to the current version. As per the instructions, it's a 2 part update. 1.11 firmware first, and then BT update.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Updated to firmware 1.11 this morning on my NEX8000, including updating the Bluetooth firmware to HW01-SW03.41.11.  Everything went without a hitch.  I did have the parking brake engaged throughout the update, as when I installed the 8000, I installed it exactly as prescribed in the instructions.  Additionally, the instructions said to switch the Audio source to "Off".  I haven't had much time to check things out since the updates, but the 8000 does seem a bit more responsive.  Also, I notice a little blue car icon with curved arrows in the lower right corner, which I had not noticed before (perhaps it was there before, but I just had not noticed) - pressing the icon did little more than turn it to blue, and I didn't notice anything else happening.  Perhaps somebody can enlighten me as to what it is.

Before the update, and following update of the iPhone to iOS 9.1/9.2, I began having problems with the sound, both on the iPhone and CarPlay.  Sometimes, I could not get any music to play, and my ringtones would go haywire - basically, when the phone rang, it produced a loud, annoying, and continuous "BRAAAAAAAAAKK" sound.  The only thing that I could do was turn the phone off and then back on.  Everything would then be fine - until the next time.  I have the feeling that this malady is related to CarPlay, but don't know.  Hopefully updating to iOS 9.2 and the AVIC NEX 8000 firmware will fix the problem. Haven't seen it recur yet but as I noted, I haven't had much time to test things out.  By the way, updating the Bluetooth firmware follows updating the 8000 firmware - same group of files, and I did not remove the USB stick until I had done both updates.  Just follow the instructions provided with the update.  Secondly, you'll need to have the "AVI C5000NEX" FOLDER on the root drive of the USB thumb drive - not just the files, but the intact folder.  Finally, you may find as I did, that the Bluetooth update actually takes longer than the AVIC 8000 firmware update.

Has anyone confirmed the bypass is still working?  I have my parking brake grounded / bypass working on 1.08 (I believe) currently.

I have a 7000 unit.

I will let you know when I get it back I had the same set up with switch.

Anyways The only thing I didn't do was a parking brake but that is hefty price to pay shouldn't be so unforgiving :-)

Yes.  Bypass is still working with the 1.11 firmware update ... at least on my AVIC 8000NEX.  That isn't to say that I'm completely through going through everything else.  As far as I can tell so far: (1) Most things, including boot up, seem faster; (2) I am getting message to activate AVICSYNC (i.e., "Connect a smartphone to take advantage of ...", whereas my iPhone is already connected), which I have not used to date; (3) I've had one crash, in which nothing at all came onscreen - Turning off the ignition and turning it back on, everything seemed to work.  It'll be a few days (perhaps weeks regarding AVICSYNC) before I have a complete verdict on whether the update is worth it or not.  Note that previously, I was having some crashes on my iPhone, where the speaker sound seemed corrupted for ringtones, which seemed to coincide with loss of ability to connect such that iPhone music would play on the AVIC 8000; however, that seems to have abated with the update.  At this time, I am attributing the iPhone crashes with the inability of the AVIC/Carplay software to recognize and index more than a couple thousand iTunes songs.  I'll provide mmore when I know more....

I will let you know when I get it back I had the same set up with switch.

Anyways The only thing I didn't do was a parking brake but that is hefty price to pay shouldn't be so unforgiving :-)

How did it go for you? I have a 5000NEX with parking brake wire grounded and did the bypass by pressing lower left corner 15 seconds until "set on" comes up. I'm on a very old firmware and really need this update, but it's not something worth bricking the unit for.

I didn't read all the posts on this thread but this last one caught my eye. When things get that bad, restore your iPhone to factory state and go from there.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

I restored my phone 3 times, this problem appear only when i connect it to pioneer unit. If i put CarPlay in restriction, no problem. I check my iPhone in Apple and the hardware is ok. The genius said that is a software problem that is cause by CarPlay and he said me to contact pioneer. Pioneer said that i must contact Apple and karashó.

I restored my phone 3 times, this problem appear only when i connect it to pioneer unit. If i put CarPlay in restriction, no problem. I check my iPhone in Apple and the hardware is ok. The genius said that is a software problem that is cause by CarPlay and he said me to contact pioneer. Pioneer said that i must contact Apple and karashó.

Did the Apple Store shirt-ified "genius" advise replacing the cable?

Also jump on the iOS public beta, to get the latest incremental fixes, and to help Apple by giving feedback.

How did it go for you? I have a 5000NEX with parking brake wire grounded and did the bypass by pressing lower left corner 15 seconds until "set on" comes up. I'm on a very old firmware and really need this update, but it's not something worth bricking the unit for.

believe it or not even if the package shows delivered on December 23 .When I went to check the status today 01/01/16 It still says waiting for delivery of the unit on Pioneer website!? Wtf

Did the Apple Store shirt-ified "genius" advise replacing the cable?

Also jump on the iOS public beta, to get the latest incremental fixes, and to help Apple by giving feedback.

I have changed 3 original cables that i use always. This problem appeares also with my wife iPhone 5.

As you said, the only solution is installing a pubblic beta, buti don't love it.

believe it or not even if the package shows delivered on December 23 .When I went to check the status today 01/01/16 It still says waiting for delivery of the unit on Pioneer website!? Wtf

LOL they must be busy around new year time. Anyway I couldn't wait so I went ahead and did the update, everything went super smoothly, got both FW and BT driver updated. My grounded parking brake didn't cause any problem. A more experienced friend told me to keep the engine on throughout the process and that's the only thing "special" I did...

I have changed 3 original cables that i use always. This problem appeares also with my wife iPhone 5.

As you said, the only solution is installing a pubblic beta, buti don't love it.

I've been jumping on the iOS public betas for the past year or more. Very happy to get incremental updates before they are released to the public. The non-public beta gets the newest fixes, so public beta is better. :)