AVIC411.com

help!! issues with the navigation system on the d3...

go to your connection status screen. make sure you have good gps reception (at least 4 sats in yellow) and a good speed pulse (it will beep as you move). if everything looks good there, try going to modify current location, reset it, and drive around. should pick up quickly enough. if this all fails, it may need to go in for service.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you manage to get yours working again? as I've got the exact same problems, I was driving to work this morning and the GPS decided I was staionary and hasn't moved since.

I've just done a reset and the Nav unit thinks I'm in Paris which is what happened initially before the GPS corrected it, but even then the position moved off the speed pulse.

I've checked the connections (via the screen) and the unit can pick up a speed pulse and even a low GPS signal but the on screen location is static

There are about six or seven people on here that have had that problem including myself and it means your unit is now defective. These problems are just now starting to show with people that got there units when they first came out. I got mine in February. I sent my unit back to SONICELECTRONIX where I bought it and they swapped it for a new unit. My unit started experiencing this problem on a large scale last month. It would rest and place me in NY. I discovered that when this occurred there was no GPS signal strength at all. So for some reason after a period of time the D3 will loose its ability to receive GPS. Its not the antenna. I am using the same antenna with my new unit and everything is working perfect now. Your unit will in all likely hood need to be repaired/replaced. Blow is the thread I started on this issue. It has many responses with the same problem.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

It happened to my first D3 about six months ago. I freaked out the first time and swapped the antenna and the whole D3. My second D3 does it too, but only once ever month or two. I have found the easiest fix is to go into the navi menu and go to 'modify current location.' Put it even remotely close to where you are and it will immediately correct itself to where you really are. Much easier than resetting every time

hmmm had mine since jan and no problems at all ....could be just a certain lot group have this problem. interesting crx has had 2 and the same result ..do you know when both were produced ? i am sure you know what you are doing just trying to give you another view from outside looking in as it were... possible the antenna wire got nicked in install or maybe stretched ....common problem with rca's they get stretched and... well you know what i am talking about ... antenna placement could be an issue most people ignore this possibility but wave propagation is important ...i realize the d-3 is grounded but try additionally grounding the case of the d-3 to a solid chassis ground....could also be cold solder joint on board of d-3 where ant plugs in ...

alot of possibilities ...could also take it to tech with sat dummy load for ant plug in and have unit checked and tweaked. or just send back for most recent produced d-3 and if same problem occurs problem possibly in install...