AVIC411.com

New owner of 8000NEX,question regarding crossovers.

I haven't played with car audio equipment for over 20 years now,obviously a little out of touch looking for a little advise.I'm piecing together a system,yet to install,have a Pioneer 8000NEX HU going through a 4 channel amp to a Hertz component tweeter/driver set.(ML280/ML1600).My question....Does the 8000NEX have the crossover settings to go active and bypass the passive crossovers that came with the Hertz set?Otherwise I can bridge my amp and stick with the passive set-up,thanks for any advisesmile.gif

Only Pioneer "audio" HU's have the active three-way crossover option... and you lose front/rear mixing (i.e. instead of RCA front, rear, and sub you have hi/mid/sub outs).  Pioneer gives it a special name but I forget what they call it.  The 8000's digital audio processor probably has the capability, but Pioneer didn't include the option in the firmware.

Thanks jhren,yes,bridged my amp will produce 160 WPC which will be perfect for the passive crossovers.My installer seems to think the deck has the ability to actively handle the crossovers,but I ended up spending an hour on the phone getting through to Pioneer and they confirmed your reply.Good to know ahead of time as the complete installation is happening on the weekend,wouldn't want to blow an expensive tweeter due to lack of information :?