AVIC411.com

AVICSYNC manual

Yea, I like the ability to do online searches, but to be honest, not better than Siri.

I just want to select a contact and have AVIC navigation take me there.

But no go. Just more vaporware being released to pacify disgruntled customers

While they slipstream in updated models that don't bring Wireless CarPlay or anything else significant.

The AVIC-5000NEX is the last Pioneer car unit I will ever buy.

My 9.1 iphone was able to upload a map update without issue.  No issues syncing to my nexus lg5 either.

One caveat though, I had to perform the association via bluetooth for both phone platforms.  After that, my 8000nex saw the avicsync app on my iphone when tethered for carplay.  (App has to be running though.)  To switch, I just connected my nexus via bt and selected it in the associated phones menu on the head unit.

Yea, I like the ability to do online searches, but to be honest, not better than Siri.

I just want to select a contact and have AVIC navigation take me there.

But no go. Just more vaporware being released to pacify disgruntled customers

While they slipstream in updated models that don't bring Wireless CarPlay or anything else significant.

The AVIC-5000NEX is the last Pioneer car unit I will ever buy.

Honestly im with you, my 8000 will be the last pioneer product I will buy. Having to wait nearly 2 years for it to function with features promised is just absurd. I don't even use the built in navigation because the routes it takes me has me saying why the hell is it taking me that way, most of the time when I know easier, faster routes even with traffic turned off. Pioneer was a big fail on this one

I will say they went in a good direction but failed in execution, and it's the best sounding radio I've had so I'm happy with that. What keeps it in my truck is the sound quality and waze