AVIC411.com

Nex 5100 nav/speed question

I have been a member for a while now. I just picked up a nex-5100 from a friend who traded in his truck. I have hooked it up in my 2007 Sequoia and it works great. The issue I am having is the speed reading for the nav. I have done the grounded parking brake bypass with the quadrant shut off,and have the vss wire hooked up to the proper signal. The speed reading on the unit is half the speed of the truck until 33 mph,it does not read higher than 33 mph no matter how fast I am driving. Is it possible that having the parking brake wire grounded may be throwing it off. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

I have been a member for a while now. I just picked up a nex-5100 from a friend who traded in his truck. I have hooked it up in my 2007 Sequoia and it works great. The issue I am having is the speed reading for the nav. I have done the grounded parking brake bypass with the quadrant shut off,and have the vss wire hooked up to the proper signal. The speed reading on the unit is half the speed of the truck until 33 mph,it does not read higher than 33 mph no matter how fast I am driving. Is it possible that having the parking brake wire grounded may be throwing it off. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

Disconnect the VSS wire, the unit will then just use GPS to get your speed, works great on my 06 Escape

Disconnect the VSS wire, the unit will then just use GPS to get your speed, works great on my 06 Escape

Same here. Never needed the VSS thing at all. The speedo vs. GPS unit speed diff is only about 1-3 MPH at any given time.

I wish I could just get rid of the GPS speed thing entirely though...useless IMHO.