AVIC411.com

Random display issues on startup...blank gray or colored screens *pics inside*

About 1/6th the time I start my car, I get a bad screen on my 4100NEX (see pics). Restarting the car will usually fix it, though it happened 4x in a row yesterday so I'm pursuing this further.

To add more info, it seems the unit is still functioning in the background. Music will still come on (whatever was playing last), and I can still navigate menus slightly via my memory of where buttons are supposed to be located. I can hear it BEEPING when I tap buttons. If I start my car and the screen loads normally....everything is fine!

My unit is only about a month old. I've spoken with the shop that sold and installed it. Is this due for a replacement or can it be repaired?

Thanks!

post-137972-0-43396900-1466030261_thumb.jpg

post-137972-0-96567300-1466030310_thumb.jpg

post-137972-0-53085500-1466030358_thumb.jpg

1. Check the FFC connection between
Monitor Unit (CN2704) and IF Unit
(CN8401).
2. Try to remove and re-insert above
FFC (Both side of connectors).

Check whether FFC is not inserted completely to
the connector (Slanting insertion).
Check whether there is no foreign object in the
connectors.

post-124717-0-95337200-1466040822_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

About 1/6th the time I start my car, I get a bad screen on my 4100NEX (see pics). Restarting the car will usually fix it, though it happened 4x in a row yesterday so I'm pursuing this further.

To add more info, it seems the unit is still functioning in the background. Music will still come on (whatever was playing last), and I can still navigate menus slightly via my memory of where buttons are supposed to be located. I can hear it BEEPING when I tap buttons. If I start my car and the screen loads normally....everything is fine!

My unit is only about a month old. I've spoken with the shop that sold and installed it. Is this due for a replacement or can it be repaired?

Thanks!

Did you ever find the solution to this? My nex 5100 is doing the same thing as your first photo shows, the left half of the screen is blank, but right still shows normal screen. Left side is still responsive to touch but doesn't display anything.

My unit is just 4 months old and installer is looking to get me a replacement unit.