AVIC411.com

NEED HELP!!!

After I converted from z1 to z2 i can still use the XM NAV Traffic but it only shows traffic reports on all freeways for about 20 min. and then it goes away. This happen to me everywhere i go.

PS

The XM Radio works fine and i have strong signal pretty much everywhere but the NAV Traffic only works for about 20 min.

ANYONE???

Guess what, i have the exact same problem.... it's about 20 minutes and it just goes away...XM is fine, navtraffic goes bye-bye....

have you found a solution yet?

Also, did you do the upgrade via imaging, or did you have it done via the update CD... Also, do you have the bypassed version?

Trying to understand....

i live in San Diego..... the intermitent problem with NavTraffic not working has happened here before.... but this is NOT the symptom....

If XM is not sending the signal, then it does not work at all.... This problem, on the other hand, is that it works great and normal for the 1st 20 minutes or so of operation and then does not work at all until you turn the unit off and then on again...

First all thank you everyone for your replies. It seems like were all in the same shoe.

smarsh

Yes i did the bypass via CD image.

I think the problems does rely on how XM is sending the signal and how are converted Z2's are reciving that signal as well.

I live in Southern California.

For the past couples days the NAVTRAFFIC has gotten better sometimes it stays on throughtout my whole drive which is more than 20 min. So I think if you have just converted from Z1 to Z2 and just keep on driving on your daily routines and soon or later it should be on most of the time (I HOPE :D ).

PS

I HAD ALL THE ISSUES ALL OF YOU ARE HAVING.

Example:

20 Min. Duration

Having to restart the unit to work again

Additional Info.... (i also posted this in the Hack/Mods forum for Z1/Z2)

On my way home last night, still stopped almost exactly 20 minutes/miles into it....

Got home, opened the Z1/2 Service Menu... The Error logs where quite full of entries, non of which seemed to point to anything i could put my finger on (might as well been a core-dump)... I then cleared all the logs i could find...

This morning the Navtraffic made it all the way to work without failing. The clearing of the logs *MAY* have had something to do with it, but coud be purely coincidental... the only reason i bring it up is because clearing the logs seemed to have helped other folks in the past to fix erradic behavior... Who knows, just another datapoint... also don't know if the NavTraffic is now fixed or not, only time will tell.

hey smarsh

I think it depends on where you are. I live in LA and some parts of LA area dont get anything and some parts do.

I will most certainly check into that log thing you are talking about and see if it works for me.

How do you get to the log is it on the head unit itself or do i have to pull the HDD out?

thanks

you have to go into the service menu on the unti itself.... do a search for "Service Menu" and you will get a couple of hits on how to do it.... However, someone on the hack forum said they had the same problem and was fixed by a reset of the head unit... I believe going into the service menu will also end up in a reset.... so, i think it simplt might have needed a reset....

• 3 months later...

Mine started doing this today.

Well, actually today is the first longer-than-30-minute trip I've taken since I upgraded to the Z2, so the problem may have been here all along.

After about 35 minutes, NavTraffic was gone. I went into the main menu -> Information and the three NavTraffic related buttons were grayed out, though stocks still worked.

I've tried the reset and it didn't seem to fix it. Haven't tried reset on the actual XM box... I'll check the service menus as per above. Sure do hope there's a solid fix for this one. =\

[update]