AVIC411.com

Firmware update Issue

Well today I decided to do the firmware update and everything went well. Update finished as it should and unit rebooted itself as per the pioneer directions. Now my issue is that everything works as it should except for my navigation menu. There are only a few options that work: address book, destination history. Quite a few of my options in the menu are no longer working. Would I have to do a system reset or is there something wrong with my unit?

By the way I have the bypass hooked up on my system, if that makes any difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated to Z2. Did the 2 wire bypass, did not remove the flash circuit. Everything was working well for about thirty minutes or so. Then the warning about the parking brake came on. Now as long as I am stopped everthing is enabled, as soon as I go about ten miles per hour (or greater) the options grey out.Any idea?

Sounds like you didn't bypass correctly. Check your wiring

I updated to Z2. Did the 2 wire bypass, did not remove the flash circuit. Everything was working well for about thirty minutes or so. Then the warning about the parking brake came on. Now as long as I am stopped everthing is enabled, as soon as I go about ten miles per hour (or greater) the options grey out.Any idea?

So I have sometime to work on my headunit today.

Last question, to those of you that did the 2-wire fix. On the 3rd connector there isn't anything to hold the wire in place. What did you guys use and does it stay in place pretty well? I was thinking of using some type of adhesive, but that doesn't seem like it would hold all to well since my car is pretty bouncy. Any advice would be great.