AVIC411.com

How-to: AVIC-D3 VSS wire for Colorado/Canyon/H3/I-290

**It has been confirmed that this also works with the AVIC-D2 models**

I know the answer has been already discussed, but I wanted to make an easy shortcut for those having problems hooking up the pink wire.

I've had the pink wire hooked up at the PCM, then disconnected, and now finally properly connected.

Just to be safe, I disconnected the negative battery terminal before doing this.

1. Grab the pink wire and run in it through the driver side firewall, or run in through the passenger firewall like I did.

DSCF1866.jpg

2. Next, locate the wiring near the passenger fender. You should see a tan wire and green wire running side by side. It's deep in there so hopefully you've got long arms or a chair ready!

DSCF1828.jpg

3. Get a tap-in and run the tan wire through. Now shorten the pink wire and run it through right next to the tan wire.

DSCF1868.jpg

4. Make sure the tap-in snaps to ensure it has successfully stripped the wires enough to make a connection.

5. Start your truck up and make sure to reset the AVIC-D3 by pressing the tiny button next to the disc vacuum.

6. Go to the NAV menu, SETTINGS, and then HARDWARE INFO. Then go to 3D CALIBRATION and start driving. Try going up a little hill to make sure it's reading correctly.

7. You should be in 3D Hybrid mode now and if you did everything correctly, your DVD playback and Navigation menu should still work fine while driving

DSCF1827.jpg

**edit 10/11/07**

This is how to hook-up the reverse wire that works with the backup camera feature:

1. On the driver's side fender under the battery, there is a plug that has several different colored wires running from it.

DSC01987.jpg

2. There are 3 green wires going into it, you want the lightest green one (the other two are more of a dark green/forest green color).

3. Use a tap-in the exact same way as the pink/navigation wire went into the speed sensor wire. So in this case it would be the tapping into the lightest green wire with the purple/white wire

Thanks to my friend Quik for figuring this out!!

• 3 years later...