AVIC411.com

Lots of Aivc-N2 problems, someone help ?!

Hey guys,

After only 2 years of having the unit, i have PLENTY of problems with it, I would like to share them with you in hopes that someone can help me find a solution instead of paying Pioneer $1000 to get them fixed for me.

1st problem:

The screen is about 1 inch out and does not come out, now i've read on the stiky that it's a FLEX cable problem, and I will probably be able to change it myself, but pioneer's site seems to be out of stock, any idead where i can get one ? ( I live in Canada ).

2nd problem:

The seems to be some kind of a problem with navigation. I am not sure if Avic's have some sort of flash/hdd memory, but when i try to plan a route, if it's longer then 3-4KM avic will give me an error message saying that Route Cannot be calculated, also, everytime when i take out the NAVI dvds, and i try to press the BLUE button, i have the "Please insert the appropriate disk" message, so it seems like it's not storing some information somewhere. Any idead how this can be fixed ?

3rd problem:

The volume knob, doesn't seem to be responsive. When i try to put the volume higher, sometimes it works, sometimes it lowers the volume and sometimes it doesn't work at all !! I really have to press the know towards the sides to make it work. Any ideas here ? Flex cable as well ?

4th problem:

This is not really a problem, just be being stupid. I had the faceplate in my poken once, and the know that changes songs and albums (on the right) fell off and i lost it. The only way I could change songs was by using the touch screen but now that's out as well (problem 1). I would like to get a replacement one, do they sell them ? Or i have to get a new faceplate ?

As you see, if i send my unit to pioneer service departement, I am looking at at LEAST $800 and I am not ready to spend that much. PLEASE HELP !!!

Any suggestions will be GREATLEY appreciated !!

Thank you for the reply. I am going to order the flex cable and the faceplate. I'll change it myself. Looks hard, but i DON'T want to pay Pioneer for it (unit is out of warranty). I mean, i've done similar things before so i'll take my time while changing it.

As for the software, i have the N2 and N3 software (N2 original, N3 backup) and they BOTH don't work. So im thinking there might be an issue with the brain unit. I have another one im going to try as soon as i get it fixed.

Thank again for the reply.