AVIC411.com

GPS antenna failed

Guest Tuebodeuce
I've had my Z1 installed for about 3 weeks and the other day, the GPS antenna failed on me. I went to the hardware menu to try and recalibrate it but says "positioning not possible due to hardware". I was wonder if anyone else had the same problem. I disconnected the battery to work on my car right before the antenna went out, could this have caused it to fail?
Are you sure it didn't wiggle itself loose? It needs to be plugged in pretty far and if the installer (or you) didn't push it all the way in to get to the snap, it might have just wiggled out.

Seems werid that removing the batter would cause that. I guess if it's still physically installed, you could try "resetting" the unit either on the front panel or through the menu system.

Don't know why that happened just grasping as straws.
well, i installed the new antenna and still have the same problem. Could it be that my battery is weak? Under the hardware settings, its says my Voltage Power is NOK. Also, when i was putting music on the HDD (with the car not running), i noticed the screen started to flicker. Could that have damaged the system?
Just out of curiousity, what does your voltage read in the vehicle dynamics display? If you don't know how to enable this, go to the map screen then press the "map" hardkey and select vehicle dynamics. Then touch either the left or right dial on the display and select voltage. I'm sure circuit guru ducati will be able to tell you if your voltage is out of range.