AVIC411.com

NavTraffic icons indicating a new route??

I have the AVIC-N2 and recently bought navtraffic.

Yesterday had the system telling me about new routes...i.e. new route +1.3 miles, 1.4 mins, etc etc.

Does this mean that this NEW route will add this amount of time and mileage to my current route, or this is the current route's added time due to the traffic, if I choose to use it???

Anyone else know this?

Thanks!

I should have clarified that this info only displays when their is traffic congestion. It is the icons that come up on the left hand side of the screen indicating that a new route is possible. You are then able to click the new route and see it, or just click okay to continue using the old route.

The thing that I can't figure out it the extra mins and time that it shows. Is that for the new route? Or if you continue using the old route and end up in traffic? Pioneer didn't know the answer!

wow such an easy question I missed it LOL Sorry bud!

The addition of miles and minutes is in addition to what you currently have left on your present route. Say you have 20 miles left and it says 20 minutes left to destination, but the new route shows +5 mins and +5 miles, when you click ok, your estimated mileage and time should now be 25 each (keyword is estimated!) :)