AVIC411.com

looking for info on installing a D3 into an 08 scion xb

my gf just got this car over the weekend and i told her the d3 would be cool in it, now she really wants it but there are a couple problems, since ill be doing the install and know nothing about the scions or the D3... i got a z2 myself.

first the steering wheel has integrated controls on it. we want to keep using them.

the ipod adapter is built into the car rather nicely, i would like to utilize the same spot for the new ipod interface.

do i need anything else special? mounting kit, or otherwise? i woudl need to bypass it but i can find those instructions here somewhere im sure. does any one have these answers? thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

On your Ipod question, yes the Scion Ipod plug in is way cool. If I remember correctly, all the wires for it are behind the radio. It is just knowing what wires go to what pin on the Ipod cable. Then you would need to know what wires in the pioneer cable went to those pins and it is just a good solder job away. Not sure if the Scion Ipod cable supports video features or not as I have never tried. 8)