AVIC411.com

05 Magnum EXT VSS?

I am replacing my pioneer 6600 with the D3 unit. Since, I am replacing with same brand of radio, I am crossing my fingers that the plugs match up on the wiring, but not holding my breath. If not, I'm sure the re=wiring should be fairly quick.

Fairly quick until I have to deal with the navigation. Where on a Magnum can you find the VSS wire? I have search on the net, through a few forms and closest that I seen is that there is not a VSS wire on the Magnum. True? False? If true where? If I didn't bother hooking it up, what would I be losing in overall performance?

One more question about bypassing. I never bypassed the 6600, but when I would want to watch and drive I would just tap the parking break and make the parking light come on and movies would play just fine. Also I just grounded another unit I owned. Does the navigation on this unit not allow that to happen?

Read up on the bypass threads. It includes pictures. Once it is done, you don't need to do anything to use the functions while driving.

I don't know about your vehicle, by reading the response on the VSS wire and you saying you found it. Is it the only wire that matches that color? If so, then "tap" into it. There is a menu option to check your connect settings in the D3. While driving, go to that section and look at the speed signal. If the numbers go up while driving, you know you have the right wire connected.

VSS Didn't work for me. Still lurking for it. Otherwise everything else is fine..............

I purchased another pioneer because I wanted the same EQ options and sound quality I got out of the DEH6600 because the POS motor of the screen went out. This units sound quality blows the older generation out of the water. High are more crisp and bass is more clean and deeper.