AVIC411.com
JerryHa

4000Nex Stuck in Boot Loop

My 4000Nex recently stopped working on me after 2 years of regular use. It would boot to the screen with the Pioneer logo and "Loading..." for about 15 seconds and restart over and over. I have tried:

-Disconnecting the car battery

-Pressing the tiny reset button

I believe the internal SD card is corrupted and will need to be replaced. Where can I find instructions on replacing the SD card and flashing the new SD card with the backup image?

Thanks!

Hi Jerry, 

I am in the same exact boat. Had the unit for 2 years then it started to do the continuous boot screen restarts. I pulled out the internal SD and found that it wasn't recognized by a Windows or Mac system.  Still waiting for a backup img for the 4000nex. 

The internal SD card is located below the CD transport on the front right side. See the photo in the link below. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/257feg05qzcc33d/4000nex_SD_Location.png?dl=0

On 7/16/2018 at 3:30 AM, vasili_84 said:

All regards to me tonight, I will write a detailed instruction on how to restore your device from any state.

Dang. I need this actually. MY head unit has worked fine for 3 years and randomly started doing the dreaded boot loop. I am reading through the forums thoroughly before attempting to modify or change the firmware. looks like the general consensus is that the internal sd card is bad. 

Can anyone help a brother out with a walk through? TY

On 11/16/2018 at 9:07 PM, jthatcher said:

Dang. I need this actually. MY head unit has worked fine for 3 years and randomly started doing the dreaded boot loop. I am reading through the forums thoroughly before attempting to modify or change the firmware. looks like the general consensus is that the internal sd card is bad. 

Can anyone help a brother out with a walk through? TY

Did you ever get any help with this??? I’m finding myself in the same boat.

Same problem but cant get to the SD as the screen won't flip up so I can remove it as it won't fully boot up. I had 1 day that it suddenly worked fine but after turning the truck off again it went right back into boot loop. 

same problem here. Stuck in a loop. Tried disconnecting the battery and resetting. My customer splash screen image is still there so I'm not even sure if I actually reset it . No help. Can open face to get to the SD card because It won't open. How can I get it to reset? 

I have a 4500NEX a little passed the 1 year warranty. Was working fine and like others have said, shut vehicle off went into a store, come back out and all of a sudden getting the boot loop everytime. I can’t access the SD card because it never fully boots. I’m hoping somebody has some knowledge to drop or link ;)