AVIC411.com

Question about hideaway unit placement

So as I've said previously I had my installer move my hideaway unit under my passenger seat as opposed to under the carpet. I just noticed today that while the unit is parallel to the car, the picture of the car on the unit is backwards, IE the front is in the back, and the back is in the front. I KNOW that the hideaway unit cannot be sideways or it gives false data, but is there an actual front and back? I looked in the install manual and it says to be certain that it's front to back, but it doesn't say if the direction matters.

Just to be clear, the AV out for the backseat monitor is facing the back of the vehicle, and the AV in for external video sources is facing the front of the vehicle, which seems logical to me, but the picture of the car on top of the vehicle is now backwards.

God I'm sick of having to ask stupid questions on this forum...

Hmmm, Ok, I'll have to double check, It's kind of an awkward angle to be looking at. I just noticed arrows that indicated the overall placement of the unit, not the exact placement.

Ok, upon further inspection, there is no front of back label, just arrows pointing in either direction. So I'm going to assume that all is well in the world...well aside from not having wired my backup camera to enable rear view monitoring yet...but that's next weeks problem.

• 3 months later...

Um...no it isn't. If it was I probably would have noticed in the... oh I don't know 3 months since I originally posted.

But it was still really nice of you to show up several months late and give half a response that doesn't contain any actual helpful info about a problem I've already told everyone is resolved. Thanks for that.