AVIC411.com

Can it be done?

hello all. Im jus curious if this can be done. The XM radio antenna's on the vehichels such as the 2007 TL Type S, The new Altima's, Civic's and the Accords. I wanna know if I was to get that antenna from the dealership and try and hook it up to my XM Nav Traffic unit will it work??? I been wonderin for a while. Is it posible? Wonderin what needs 2 be done and what not.

This Accord pic posted there has the antenna

post-6694-12872753101073_thumb.jpg

Yea but with that said, the GM and Acura antenna's look different. The TL jus has a hub on it.

I don't see why not, you would probably need to solder a cable together to make it work, as the factory ants use a short cable that goes into a quick disconnect. I've used the factory GM ant on trucks and SUVs all the time with no problems at all.

See the hub on the top of the TL??? That's how it looks.

post-6694-12872753101555_thumb.jpg

I have not seen one that i was not able to adapt to the pioneer or other mods. when they are factory installed the ant has a short pigtail for the coax and then an extension to the mod. you will need to make sure to order both pieces. most of the casings need some minor modifications in order to fit. usually nothing major.