AVIC411.com

N4 Install questions

HI,

I am waiting for my N4 to arrive and wanted to know about the installation. I have a 2004 Element that has a stock sub.

Does it use a GPS antenna? If so, where is the best place to install it?

Is there anything in particular the installer needs to know/do for this model that he might not know about?

Any advice for the installer in General?

Any Canadians know where to go/not to go? Any recommendations for Calgary?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but these are the ones that come to mind right now.

Thanks

It does have a GPS antenna. Most people put it on the roof, or on the dash with the little rubber/metal pad that Pioneer supplies.

Its a pretty standard install if they have done Pioneer nav before. Make sure they connect the VSS wire and mount the hideaway brain flat and facing the correct direction

It does have a GPS antenna. Most people put it on the roof, or on the dash with the little rubber/metal pad that Pioneer supplies.

Its a pretty standard install if they have done Pioneer nav before. Make sure they connect the VSS wire and mount the hideaway brain flat and facing the correct direction

Thanks for the advice!

To be honest, I didn't know that there was a part called the "hideaway brain".

This is exactly why I like using forums.

Thanks again.