AVIC411.com

No sound until unit cool off

I have a Z2. I did the firmupgrade and the unit does not lock up anymore during hot days ( by the way when I run the firmware update, it did not updated my software version as It said in the intructions) but I am still having a heat related problem: as before the firmware upgrade, i do not get any sound until the unit cools; everything else works including the bluetooth conection with my phone. Has anybody else experienced the same problem? A Pioneer tech told me it was a wire but I did not pay attention to him since he did not want to admit that the units were having a heat related problem. Any help, somebody? Thanks

I did the upgraded just as it said on the instructions. The upgrade cd I burned did run on my Z2. I have a 2006 Nissan 350Z with the bose system. Amp? Do not know. But what I know is that the Z2 has no sound until the unit cools off. Once It is cool, I have no problems. So, I do not know if it is the unit or the installation.