AVIC411.com

Problems with next gen apple products **iTouch/iPhone**

So I picked up my new 16 gig iTouch last week and thought things were good. I plugged in the pioneer adapter cable to my D3 and they started talking right away. But there is a problem. When I create playlists on my iTouch they are there and work how they are supposed to. However when I try and use the playlist button on the D3 it just automatically lists my entire library as opposed to just the songs on my play list. Hell the D3 even recognizes the name of the playlist but when I chose the specific playlist it always lists every song on my ipod. So I called pioneer last night and got an interesting story. he said there is a new cable that they are finalizing in their labs right now that will not only fix the playlist problems but will also allow the video portion to be sent to the D3 properly. If I chose video from the ipod screen on the D3 it just takes me to a black screen where I cannot actually send any video. Does anyone else have a touch or an iphone that has been experiencing these problems? Do you think the tech was just BS'ing me?

• 1 month later...

No, and our rep had no idea there was going to be a new one so I would imagine its a long ways out

Anyone know if this cable is out yet? Just got my itouch and would like to use the video function. Sound plays fine, but I just get the black screen and can only use play/pause FF/REV touch buttons on the screen to control the itouch. No video sent to the D3.
  • 2 weeks later...