AVIC411.com

D3 image replacement via edited DVDs

If this has been discussed, forgive me. A search turned up nothing.

I want to replace the Ipod image on the D3. The issue for me isn't the layout, it's that the background has what looks like defective screen lines through it. Yes, I'm sure it's just that image, everything else on the unit looks fine.

Based on my quick view of one of the discs, it looks like the general background images are all there, stored in induvidual colors. But I don't see any of the default - changed by changing layout color images on the disc, and I assume the ipod image will be one of them. With everything else loading from the DVD, I find it hard to believe those images are hard coded into the unit. My working theory is that the defaults are loaded into the unit, and future updates will load off of the revision 2 disc. So the issue is just figuring out where they would be stored, and by what name. (if my theory is right anyway)

Before I start blindly testing, has anyone else tried this? Any tips or info would be helpful, even if not directly related to the ipod image itself. I'm trying to draw as much as I can from the D1/2 hacks.

Why don't you just change it to one of the other backgrounds? Or better yet, make a custom one?

I haven't found any way to change it to another background. (thats what I'm trying to do)

This is the image I'm trying to change: http://www.pioneer.eu/images/eur/AVICD3iPod.jpg

I found an earlier thread on the subject, but it died without any answers.