AVIC411.com

Is there anything better than the PAC SWIP

I have a 03 Chevy Silverado with a Z2 installed, and using the Pac steering wheel adapter. And although I had some slight issues with the PAC steering wheel adapter just after installation, it has been working fine for the longest time up until now, all of a sudden, the steering wheel controls work for the first 5-10 minutes after every time I crank the truck . Then, it get's all jacked up, and buttons either stop working, or they do the wrong functions.

Has anyone had this experience? What was the fix?

Is there anything else that is better? Like the JL CleanSweep?

Is there any way that I can program the voice command of the Z2, to a button, as I have a couple that have no use as of now(with the PAC)?

any help is appreciated..

UNFORTUNATELY the swips is the only universal steering wheel interface that i know of. its been around for a very long time and it works on an incredible amount of cars. but... i have had many issues just like you are describing. most of my problems stem for the swi-can adapter but i have had the exact same probs as u ona 2005 chevy

Dawg, same boat as you. I have and 07 Silverado and a D3. The first one I got from Crutchfield was defective and did not program at all. The second one worked perfectly (with help from this site) but then I started having problems with it again. The volume buttons are the first to go, then it won't work at all. I reprogrammed it and it worked perfectly again. I saw on another thread where it might have something to do with the GM LAN harness I am using from Metra. I know it is a pain in the ass though. I wish there was another option out there.