AVIC411.com

Displaying user defined vehicle telemetry

Does anyone know of a product that will record user defined telemetry of a vehicle and output it to a standard display? Other then gforce type things, I want a little more advanced. A device that records gauge data (boost gauge, EGT, fuel air ratio etc.) and has a standard output (hook up to video-in on navigation systems) with gauges or graphs of the data. Also the ability to download the data would be nice too. 8)

So basically a DAQ system that has a signal processor, RCA output and does not cost ~$20,000.

Here is one I have found but I don't think it is cheap.

http://www.a-dat.com/daq/daq_invhcl.php

This sensor is cool

http://www.a-dat.com/sensor/sensor_torque.php

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, actually I found a few yesterday but they all seemed limited. They only had a few data in ports and were limited to 5v.

Is anyone else interested in a system that would record data and display it on the Nav screen? And if so would you be interested features like this:

Displayed on your current Nav screen

Customizable displays and gauges (Change the layout, types of gauges, colors and backgrounds)

Graphs of data

Large number of data ports (expandable)

Wireless communication to the sensors

Data ports that function on a wide range of voltages

OBDII data collection and interaction

Downloadable data files

Wireless communication to computer for data download

USB connection to computer for data download

Flashdrive port for data download

Library of sensors

Touch screen control

:wink:

I was pretty impressed by the G4 someone linked to(carputer). I belive I read something about ODB diagnostics on their site...

http://store.mp3car.com/MP3Car_G4_power ... dk-014.htm

these(Eclipse and Pioneer)HU's are paving the roads it seems....as I'm starting to see more and more factory options ffrom different makers...like the Chrystler minivan with HDD Nav/music ripper....as well as Cadillac(I think CTS)....Windows Auto and Ford's little thing....

I think it's coming soon enough...just kinda that bleeding edge kind of thing....I've even considered cramming a MAC Mini into my truck for it's size(got a great spot for it) and WiFi(internet and keyboard/mouse). But it's a little much, I don't really like Apple that much, and I'd be damned to find ODB software written for any Mac OS......plus I think most ODBII connections are LTP, in which I'm pretty sure the MacMini doesn't support....But if they can cram that kind of technology into that kind of form factor, then they can obvioously cram it into a DD HU.....Suprisingly enough though....is the price between the two....kinda makes you feel robbed with the Avic...

sorry...just rambling on... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I did find this "dashdaq" which does have some nice features but the system still seams limited. And also who wants another screen floating around the car. Being displayed on the AVIC would be nice.

That G4 does also have some cool features. A definite competitor to the AVIC. The OBDII is one thing I am looking for but add on sensors is a must too.