AVIC411.com

N1 with N3 brain problems.....

I have an N1 which worked great, but I hated the Ipod interface. With this in mind I purchased an N3 brain (no sicker, eairly N3 brain?), I had connected all the parts and ran the flash with the 40disc, nothing happened but problems after. My buttons on the face freaked out and the only thing that changed was the display scrolled all the letters when the unit was closed. Eventually I reverted back to the N1 brain and tried to start back at the begining but now my head unit freaked out and when I pushed the buttons on the face my system would restart, what a pain. Finally my head unit worked some what. Enough to listen to music, but selecting music on the ipod and radio stations worked sometimes with my eq button light not working. I cleaned the faceplate contacts and took apart my face to take a look inside and found a small resistor piece that came off the board. I went an purchased a new face. A few days later running some errands, waiting for the UPS guy my screen went blank (I can bairly see the background with a flashlight, so I know it works) WTF! So i've got an N1 with a blank screen connected to N1 brain, N3 brain with no sticker. Any Ideas????

Oh forgot to mention my installer fried my amp when he connected my N1 system and said "sorry, oh whel"l. Bastard! He also forgot to connect my vss and illumination wires. and half assed the installation. Never again!

Thanks to the forum I have solved some of my problems, this palce is great!

So i have figured out some of these issues.

First: the N1 head unit will not always work with the N3 brain. Thus you have extra parts.

Second: The N3 brain is not where the by pass switch is, its on the head unit (bottom side, under the silver sticker).

Third: Paper Clips rule!

Fourth: The N1 flex cable repair is emanate!

Fifth: It is cheaper to by the sum of an AVIC unit with parts, to create a whole unit.

Six: At some time you will have enough parts to have a complete

back up unit.