• 3 weeks later...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

bad karma !!!

mine just did thae same thing today :(

im hating Pioneer :x

along with all the engine noise i just got today

its @ pioneer repair alredy

this flipin unit spends more time @ pioneer then in my car :(

Yeah, mines been doing weird stuff too lately. Ever since I got it transplanted from my camry to my xb its occasionally not booted up correctly. It will sit with a black screen, and i can just hear the radio station I had it on prior to turning off my car. Then I'll turn my car off and then back on, and it will be fine again.

But, electronics are weird and are almost never perfect, so I just let it go.

Yeah, mines been doing weird stuff too lately. Ever since I got it transplanted from my camry to my xb its occasionally not booted up correctly. It will sit with a black screen, and i can just hear the radio station I had it on prior to turning off my car. Then I'll turn my car off and then back on, and it will be fine again.

But, electronics are weird and are almost never perfect, so I just let it go.

I'm almost 100% positive that your problem has something to do with it being too cold....I remember reading it in the owner's manual...

Check the index in the back of the manual, there are 3 pages for Hard Disk....I thnk it's like page 192'ish...

• 2 years later...
so i fired up the unit again this morning and it worked fine again???? weird... anyways thx for the help...

Now this is getting really strange. I am a firm believer that even with electronics, there must be a reason for an intermittent problem.

I have an AVIC Z2 that I had professionally installed about 2 and a half years ago. It has the bypass, everything about the bypass was working fine. It had some minor glitches (sometimes would not accept a CD, had to pull over and turn engine on and off before it accepted it), but 3 days ago it wouldn't boot up, just showed me "Cannot use HDD".

I tried as many resets as it would let me do without actually working, then decided my HDD was toast, and maybe that is the weak link of the AVIC Z2. I was looking for replacement units.

Then today - THREE DAYS LATER - I started my 4Runner and it booted up just fine, even had all the stored memory in the Music Library.

I live in California, and it was between 60 and 65 degrees when it happened, and when it started working again.

There has to be a logical explaination. I didn't use anything any differently when it went bad from the way I have been using it for the past 2 and a half years.