AVIC411.com

Newbie: antennae placement question for 04 F150

First post, and yes I've done some searching for locations on my 2004 F150. I ordered a D3 with XM. From what I've read, I'm going to try and mount the GPS antennae either under the dash or on top of the dash and run the wires between the two.

Question though, as far as the XM antennae goes, has anyone tried it under the front cowl? I currently have an XM Commander by Terk and it has a very small micro-antennae that I installed under the cowl (front/right). I rarely have reception issues and was wondering if anyone here has tried it yet. I would assume that with the larger antennae, reception would be as good or better than what I currently experience.

Thanks, Jerry

I "thought" it had to have a clear view. quote]

Nope, plenty of guys over on the F150 board were mounting the ant from the commander under the cowl without any problems. I followed their lead and haven't had any problems.

Yes, I did order the Pioneer unit. I'll keep it updated if I do/don't have any problems with this positon.