AVIC411.com

Bose, OnStar, R. A. P.

I have my D3 installed in my 2007 Chevy Silverado NBS Crew Cab. Recently found out that the install was not done correctly. The installer had my JL Stealthbox wired in a way so that I had no sub control when I went into sounds and tried to tweak the sub. A friend who is an installer at another shop fixed this for me.

This got me to thinking about the Gmos Lan 02. Since the install when I push the blue Onstar button it no longer says onstar ready and the volume is not as loud as it was with the factory deck. It works just not seamlessly. Could they have hooked something up incorrectly with this also. I am thinking about letting the friend from the other shop check on it.

I know on the gmos-lan-04 there is a wire that you keep touching to ground until you get the volume that you want. It is adjustable. The reason you dont hear onstar ready is because it takes some time for the gmos to switch the radio off to onstar so by the time its already set onstar has already said onstar ready. Your onstar still works fine.