AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 Intersections/Cross Streets/Junctions - HELP!!

Guest COMplex
I got my Z1 installed in my 06 Civic Si last night, and everything works great so far except for one thing.

I may be brain dead or something, but I cannot figure out how the hell to program an intersection for a destination.

For example, I want to go to the junction of S Tower Rd & S Hampden St. When I am programming my destination, it only lets me do one street or the other.

I must be missing something here, because there is no way a $1500 unit doesn't do cross street navigation.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
[quote name="TimboCummins"]I work around this by going to the saved address menu and putting in a new address via actual map input.[/quote]

Can you elaborate? I dont quite understand.

Are you telling me there is no actual way to go to an intersection on this system?

If thats true, mine is for sale.
Try this.
Menu
Address book
Add
Map search
Touch the screen at the intersection on the map where you want to go.

Sucks but this is the only way I know to do it.

My previous unit (RB4) had the intersection feature and had constant altitude readout if you selected it. Win some, lose some. My previous unit had hardly any of the features of the avic-z1.
Guest COMplex
[quote name="TimboCummins"]Try this.
Menu
Address book
Add
Map search
Touch the screen at the intersection on the map where you want to go.

Sucks but this is the only way I know to do it.

My previous unit (RB4) had the intersection feature and had constant altitude readout if you selected it. Win some, lose some. My previous unit had hardly any of the features of the avic-z1.[/quote]

It sucks because my TomTom GO 910 has it, my magellen has it, my harman kardon has it. But the most expensive Pioneer does not.

I guess it's my fault for not doing my research.
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Ya, I have this issue too. I have a Z1 and a Garmin. I keep the Garmin on top of the Z1 for this very reason (among many others though!). Simply put, if you have used a Garmin, Pioneer units are horrifically simplistic when it comes to navigation.