AVIC411.com

There are actually 3 different startup screens. The first is a completely black image, the second is the black background with PIONEER - copyright 2007 Pioneer Corporation etc. etc. screen, THEN the "splash" screen is loaded. The 3rd "splash" screen can be changed through the nav menu, selecting either one of the defaults off the disc or loading a new one from CDR. But you can also change the PIONEER screen.

You'll have to create a new Nav DVD (follow the thread on loading custom images on the D2 for instructions on creating the disc) with a different image file, and then resetting the unit so that it loaded the "program" from the disc again.

The file you need to change/replace is called BGOPEN. On the original disc you'll find this file in both PIM and JPG format, I replaced them both with my new image. It is located in the root\BG folder. Do NOT change the BGMAIN.pim or ORIGINAL.pim files, or your disc won't work.

If you want to go a step further, you can add any custom background files you might want to use later to the root\BG\PIM folder, making sure they are in PIM format. They can then be loaded from your new NAV disc rather than a separate CDR.

The all black screen with white "Pioneer Loading" at the top left, is a black image, with the words generated by the program. I believe this is the BGOPEN.PIM file, but every attempt to replace it resulted in unusable discs.

The screen after that, which looks like the one I've posted, is the one you can change using the directions above. But give it a shot, maybe you'll have better luck than I did. (please post back if you do)

BGOPEN.jpg

The all black screen with white "Pioneer Loading" at the top left, is a black image, with the words generated by the program. I believe this is the BGOPEN.PIM file, but every attempt to replace it resulted in unusable discs.

The screen after that, which looks like the one I've posted, is the one you can change using the directions above. But give it a shot, maybe you'll have better luck than I did. (please post back if you do)

BGOPEN.jpg

Does that come up every time the unit powers up? Because I don't ever recall seeing that image. I dunno... maybe I'm just busy doing other car related stuff while it's powering up.

hifi

i've changed the screen you posted its the one before that, itsall black and says starting up pioneer navigation at the top left. I've tried posting pics but it always says tring to upload empty file how do we post pics on this website i've checked faq and it says the same way any other forum but I can't get it to work

Just too lazy to look, or what? Its on page 66

no its not

look at my original post and I ask about the start up screen not the backgrounds jacka$$ whos lazy I've looked and it says nothing about it in the manual that is what this post was all about so if you don't know the answer shut the fffffck up

It is in the manual!!! and where do you get off insulting senior members like that. Your original post was asking how to change the PIONEER splash screen and it is in the manual. He and I know what were talking about and your not going to get much help around here talking trash like that.