AVIC411.com

Navigation problem

All vehicles can have a VSS accessed or installed. It's just that some are not worth the effort or expense. But to have all functions of the AVIC operate the way they are designed, you should have it. Doesn't mean you need it though.

Just to clarify, your speed pulse is what the AVIC sees from the VSS. It will only show a number when the vehicle is moving.

ok mine is not connected then

Mine doesn't show a number. Just zero. Guess I hit the wrong wire for VSS. And if that's the case, I wouldn't worry about the VSS, cause I can't see how the Nav could get any more precise.

What functions am I missing without the VSS?

sometimes it gets off track first thing when i start it up from my house then when i get going it goes back on track, but sometimes it has been worse. i want the vss connected.

I still think it's your signal that doing that...I had identical issues with mine...It worked great for the first couple of months, then it started doing exactly what you're explaining....sometimes it would have me off th road about 20-30 feet(guessing) and then when I took turns and whatnot, it would have me completely in a different part of town...

I finally checked out my antenna signal, and it wasn't too impressive...soooo.....I ripped out the HU and come to find out, that somehow over time, th exess wire from the antenna had come out of the little cubby hole that I stuck it in, and eventually made it's way to on top of the antenna, covering it up...

here's a little link to bring you up to speed on my newb-ness....

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=