AVIC411.com

I've been having a few issues with my Avic D3 installed in my 2005 Audi S4.

First off, when driving, it will just shut off and power back up immediately. It happens at random moments for no apparent reason. My only loose end is that my radar detector is hardwired to the radio fuse but the radar has no issues.

Now today, the unit shut off and did NOT come back on. It will not start up upon startup of the car and the reset button does nothing. I went through every fuse and they are all working including the radio fuse. Why would it all of sudden shut off and not come back on?

Thanks

Sounds like a bad ground or power connection. Pull the radio out and double check the connections for the ground wire, the switched power wire, and the constant power wire. Most likely one of them was working itself loos and finally came apart.

The wires in the D3 harness can very easily be pulled out. That happened to me when my unit was replaced. One of my RCA wires pulled away from the harness and would not stay connected. I had to super glue the damn thing back in. All is good now though.