AVIC411.com

Going into my P5

Well after weeks of sneaking around, I finally decided I'd participate. I've collected all this over the past week:

[img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9627/0715060953ac6.jpg[/img]

AVIC-Z1
CD-IB100II
ND-BT1
Infinity Basslink
Infinity 6x8 Kappas
Infinity 5.25 Kappas
RF Wiring Kit

All going into my 02 Protege5 today, I'll let you know how it goes.
[quote name="dhodory"]P5 as in??????? :?:[/quote]

Since the bottom of the first post had this:

[quote name="hyperboarder"]All going into my 02 Protege5 today, I'll let you know how it goes.[/quote]

I would assume a Mazda Protege 5. Is that what you were asking?
DOH! :oops: Sorry, missed that. Man, need to up my lithium . . .

hyperboarder -- can you take some pics during your install? I've got a 2002.5 Mazda Protege ES and have been itching to install the Z-1, very curious to see how your install goes (that's code for: I'm so glad you're being the test subject!) :wink:
Well I didn't do it, I had bestbuy do it for me, apparently the speed pulse wire is a bitch to find, mine's an 02.5 too, and I have to take it back in to get that put in. Otherwise, not bad, I need a better trim ring, but I'll get around to it. The wiring is really tight in the dash, so the flasher is gonna be a pain, but I'll get around to it eventually. Overall, love it, stoked that it's finally in. I'll get some pics soon.
hyperboarder -- ok, so did you buy your Z1 at BestBuy or did you just pay to have them install it? If so, what did it cost to have them do the install? Also, what part of the US are you located (so I can get a feel for whether or not the install price you paid will be similar to here in Ohio). Thanks!
So apparently bestbuy will not hook up the illumination wire, company policy or some bull, so I'm pissed, otherwise, all is working. I'm gonna see if someone else will finish it and throw in the flasher, but we'll see. BTW, I'm in northern colorado, and I got a little bit of a discount on install because it took so damn long, but I payed 335 for the deck, ipod and bluetooth adapters, speakers, and sub.
hyperboarder -- thanks for the info . . . wierd on the illumination wire, I can't imagine the logic behind that?? So, did you purchase the Z1 at Best Buy as well? Or purchase elsewhere and have them install?
I got mine from 6th Ave. I don't know if Bestbuy sells the Z1, they didn't have it in store. Either way, 6th Ave. is cheaper. And apparently some decks have a positive illumination, some negative, so it's possible to damage the deck by hooking it up wrong, that's why they don't do it.