AVIC411.com

Day and night time mode

Why can I only switch it from automatic to day mode in the map section on my z2. When my headlights go on automatically then my z2 goes to dark mode. But the annoying thing is when i park or whatever and turn the headlights off and its still night time, my pioneer unit goes back to day mode and its real bright. the only way to switch it to dark is to put headlights back on or hold fown the V button and just turn the monitor off.

Why can I only switch it from automatic to day mode in the map section on my z2. When my headlights go on automatically then my z2 goes to dark mode. But the annoying thing is when i park or whatever and turn the headlights off and its still night time, my pioneer unit goes back to day mode and its real bright. the only way to switch it to dark is to put headlights back on or hold fown the V button and just turn the monitor off.

Sounds like your unit is doing what its supposed to do.

Because there is no ambient light sensor in the system. It goes off your headlights. So it is acting like the rest of the lighted things on the dash (stock stereo, gauges, A/C controls). Full on / bright during the day (no headlights on) and dimmed for the night (headlights on). Some dash setups also have lights off for day (usually older cars or equipment that do not use LCD displays).

If you want it dim you can turn just your parking lights on, which should also dim all of the other thing on the dash. Just don't forget to turn on your lights before driving again or turn them off before leaving.