AVIC411.com

Hate my 6000 Nex. Igo circle problem

Ok i've been living with this Avic 6000 nex  problem for months
pioneer told me to ship it back if i want it fixed.. of course it won't be free.

the price to repair is about the same as a new entry/mid 2019 hud.. if i add a couple of hundred bucks i can get a decent 2019 hud or even an used 2018 hud with nav.

if i choose to send it in for repair...ill just keep living with a 2014 high end unit with an outdated map.

now if there is a free solution to have this avic 6000 nex fixed, i am all open to hear that.

the problem i've been experience for months is quite simple.. everything work except the navigation. If i hit the nav menu, it will show a spining circle for a minute and then nothing happen.  Theres a igo error that pop for a split second.. other than that, nothing happen.

i can still use unit and all the other features.. 

now as you know, if the nav doesn't work i can not set the clock because this avic crap use the gps to set the clock... since the nav doesn't work, it will give a random time zone.

right now i have an expensive hud without a working nav and the wrong timezone.. had to buy a mini 20$ clock on amazon and put it on my dash to have a clock..

i tried overwritting the firmware with older and newer US  files i could find. 1.08 , 1.11, 1.15, 1.21  ... none of them restored the unit nav.

I read through the forum for hours and noticed few people experiencing the same problem .cool... but nobody answered their posts?. Damm

i know this is not a pioneer technical support forum, but with so many technical people here and many having the igo issue we should be able to make a sticky thread and a solution to this plague.

now for those suggesting me to use naviextra. No that won't work because i can't even access the navigation setup menu within the unit anymore.

i could always try to overwrite the entire unit image, but i can't find a freaking working image file.. and i don't even know you do that without bricking it.

now if someone could really step in and really help us out, it would really be appreciated for all of us who have our igo corrupted on

avic 6000 nex

Otherwise it will remain another ignored post like the others for the exact same issue

If this can not be fixed without sending it to pioneer for expensive repair  i'll stay away from Any pioneer from now on..