AVIC411.com

Can You Put RainX on Rear View Cameras ???

ok i just put a pioneer nd bc2 rear view camera on my car. it was raining the other day and i guess water got on my lense and it was all blurry. is there any way i could put rainx on the lense that way water would more than likly slide riight off. or will the rainx damage the lense.

i know rainx has a warning about applying to sratch treated glass and other glass which i forgot at the moment but i just want to make sure before i destroy my knew camera

My experience with rain-x is it works good on glass but keep it off of rubber, plastics (including clear plastics) and paint. I think the warning is because those things usually are polymers / resins (tinting and crack fillers).

You probably know this, but in general rain-x helps on surfaces that get wind on them. The camera in back is probably in a wind free / low pressure area so the rain-x might not make a difference. But it is worth a shot, tell us if it does help. Good luck.

NO windex on plastic's, the ammonia in it will make the finish hazy. you 'shouldn' need rain x on the camera though, it should be shielded enough and if not should be able enough for you to just wipe off the water. If water got INTO it and not just on it then you got a totally different problem and might want to get a sealed camera. If you do decide to use rain x on it, its probably more of an anal thing... like being clean that I would probably do as well as part of maintaining / cleaning my car.