AVIC411.com
Sign in to follow this  
jeff69z28

AVIC 8500NEX vss/08 f250

I have a 08 f250 diesel super duty I installed the 8500 and used the vs out wire under the dash in the customer bundle of wires when sitting still the speed on the screen says 4mph and the awsome graphics i see on the box are not coming up did is there another vss wire to use the instructions also say to hook up the e brake wire to the hot side of the ebrake wires which would be the white/purple wire I called pioneer and they said I could unhook the pink vss wire I left it hooked up and the had me do a reset???i was watching the pulse signal and I thought it was supposed to be 8000 or so and it was up to 10000 and climbing  did I do domething any help will be greatly appricated

jeff69z28

I have a AVIC8500NEX and am planning on installing it in my 2001 Lincoln Navigator.

Hooking up this wire is a pain in the ass.

But, I'm curious, it sounds like Pioneer says the vss wire is a digital pulse signal, or an analog (+/- voltage).

The only reason I see for the vss is when you lose gps like under a bridge, in a city with tall buildings, heavily wooded are, etc. I'm assuming if your gps and the head gets a signal that you are moving forward, it can predict where you would be on the screen based on your previous direction and speed.

I found the connectors and wire from the transmission up into the cab in the engine compartment, but I wasn't sure if I should hook it up because I don't know what type of signal the head end is expecting. Guess I'll give Pioneer a call.