AVIC411.com

Map update failure. How do I erase the map database to start fresh?

I updated the maps on my avic5000nex with all new firmware in August and then purchased the Q42019 map update.  I did the sync and the navi tool box, but it had an error on the navi toolbox I didn't realize until doing the update on the deck.  It shows it has maps from 2013 and 2019, but it clearly did not upload the 2019 map update.  When I use the Navitool box tool it only shows the 2013 maps as the only available maps I can download to the usb.  

I tried factory reset but it doesn't erase the maps database which is now showing almost 4gb of space being used.

Talked to Pioneer tech and there only response was send it to NJ service center to get fixed on your dime.  I'm sorry, it is your map update software that glitched and caused this failure but I have to fix it.  Only a service center can fix it for some reason or other.

Naviextras said they can do a custom map update that would allow it to work because the error caused the internal drive to fill up, but they have no idea how to erase.  They offered to remove Canada and several states to trim down the install, and it supposedly should work.  I have my doubts.

SO, how can I erase the map database internal storage to factory original?  Anyone have a way or solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Man