AVIC411.com

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo VSS??

I know that's a rare question, but does anybody know where to find the VSS wire for a 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder?

I've been told there is one by a Lambo owner.

I've been told there ins't one by my installer, who had to add a device to "simulate" the VSS wire.

My map keeps being off, I correct it, 2 minutes later, it's off again.

When I go to the Vehicle Dynamics screen of my Z2, the speed sometimes shows up as twice my speed, and sometimes as Zero. (I'll have to take some pics of the speed when it shows 180mph just for sh!ts and giggles :D )

But does anyone know where I can find the "real" VSS wire?

Is there an installer in the L.A. area (pereferably valley) that can fix this problem for me?

I've seen your handle on an RC forum? :lol:

That's a pretty exotic car. Sadly, I don't own one. Do Lambos not sport GPS? :lol:

I'd ask the manufacturer if they have a diagram or could hint you in the right direction.

Also, from this thread, I'm thinking that I didn't hook mine up correctly, as my speed pulse doesn't move from zero. And if that is indeed the case, I would just say skip the VSS. I've read of other saying that the VSS is not really needed as well.

I have installed about two dozen D3's and have never hooked up the VSS, never had a customer complain about ANYTHING,(could have somthin to do with the fact I live in litte spokane washington,not alot of tunnels) dont have mine hooked up in my car,the only time it gets wierd is at the bank when im under the awning, it says I just keep on driving straight, until I get movin again.

Itsme, lets see some pics of your Lambo.. They are sooo sweet and I am sooo jealous! :cry:

dawgbone, no not me on RC forum.

yes, some Lambos do come with GPS navi, but not as sweet as a Z2, plus there is no Ipod support, or XM.

Dabigcheeze, sometimes when I am stopped (in my garage or something) the Z2 thinks I am still moving, and some functions get grayed out, other times when I actually am moving, some of the functions that should be grayed out are not. The speedometer in the Vehicle Dynamics section is off by 10-12 mph most of the time, but sometimes it just doubles what my speed is. I'd be going 80mph and it will say 175mph. Just weird.

Here are some pics:

Stock head unit:

IMG_1576.jpg

Me at Willow Springs Raceway:

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

Nooooiiice... You could not have posted better pics, out where she deserves to be.

there in't anything worse than dropping the coin on an exotic, for it to become a garage queen...Hell, my old man drives his SL65 as a daily driver...of course it's not quite comparable to a Lambo, but something about a 780'ish lbs of torque as a daily driver is just kewl...and of course we get our toys to the track when we can...(SL600, SL65, e46 M3)

Back on topic, I have to question my VSS install....I get no speed pulse at all...which makes me believe that my VSS is hooked up incorrectly. The dynamics speedo shows spot on, and when I'm under an obstruction, mine doesn't keep going, it's just has the arrow a tad bit off, and usually pointed in the wrong direction....So really, I'm pretty lost...

again...nice rig. :D

• 2 weeks later...
The speedometer in the Vehicle Dynamics section is off by 10-12 mph most of the time, but sometimes it just doubles what my speed is. I'd be going 80mph and it will say 175mph.]

Bad speed pulse reading. Mine was doing that too until I hooked up my VSS to the right wire, now I get perfect readings. I tapped into the same wire that my speedometer is feeding from

Nice car 8)