AVIC411.com

Hi,

I just installed my AVIC D3 into my 2001 Lexus IS300 yesterday. The install went pretty smooth (I followed a walkthrough that I printed off) but now I've got a problem with the left front door speakers (tweeter and door speaker). I did some searches for the problem and didn't find anything.

When I accelerate, a high pitched noise comes out of only the front left door speakers. As I accelerate faster, the noise gets higher and higher pitched, depending on how far I push the pedal down. The noise doesn't go up in volume when I turn the volume up on the AVIC. I *could* live with the noise, but I'd much rather not! So far I haven't installed an I-pod attachment or anything, it's just bone stock.

Could one of the wires be recieving some interference from the speed sensor wire? I haven't actually opened it up to check yet, I thought I'd get some input on what to look for first.

And a side question.. I'm not recieving radio stations well at all. This is probably because I didn't plug in the antenna wire right? :lol:

Thanks guys, help is appreciated.

Check your grounds and make sure they're solid. Grounding to the chassis instead of the factory radio ground wire seems to help a lot. If you're using external amplifiers, check the grounds and RCA connections on those as well.

And the radio reception problem, yeah, try hooking up the power antenna wire.