AVIC411.com

I need to find the speed sense wire for an 06 Charger

[quote name="htrdlnc"]Maybe "reading" text is different than talking to people "face to face".
[/quote]

Oh it is, it's very easy to take what someone types out of context with no facial queues or anything to tell their mood or intent. So you have a tough time knowing the intent of the poster and a feeling of "invisibility" online. That's why these forums (not just this one) can get a little "intense" some times.

[quote name="htrdlnc"]But here is exactly what I am talking about: Btw, if I have to choose between 20 (generic) years in the business and ducatiboy's experience with these particular units, I choose ducatiboy.

How do you know what I have, or don't have experience in. Am I reading too deep into this all. I don't know?[/quote]

Yah, that could be considered "tearing someone down I guess". I appreciate the props but please can we all try to get along? Tear.....

:)
htrdlnc -- Agree, forums are probably the poorest form of communication (after e-mail / IM), as the reader is left to fill in the feeling / emotion of a post and often do so with malice. Sincerely, I (we?) can only go on what you post. If you posted "I have 2 years and 25 installs with the Z-1" you'd likely be given a lot more "due" than with a fairly generic statement of "20 years in the business".

I am not being critical of what you wrote / posted, just trying to share the rational of how I arrived at my statement. You have the benefit of knowing the level of your experience and knowing what you meant when you posted your statement. The rest of us do not. In the absence of complete information I, like most people, would compare what I did know about your level of experience with the Z-1 (based on your generic post) to what I have been able to observe about ducatiboy's level of experience based upon a week or so of reading posts by him or about him on this forum.

So, while your "20 years in the business" may be very relevant to you (because you know all the details of what that actually means), to the person reading posts on this forum, ducatiboy's experience and documented history of helpful posts (in which he normally provides more detailed information that is requested) probably carries more weight. In fact, in the absence you relating the technical details of opinion or your experience with the Z-1, I'm not sure why anyone who read this forum regularly would give your comment more weight or credibility than ducatiboy's? Not saying he's infallible, or even that you are wrong in this particular instance, just that relative to your single post, his history here creates a credibility gap between the two of you (in his favor).

Again, I'm not being critical of you, just asking you to consider that your unexplained experience and technically vacant comment left the door open for people to question it's veracity. That doesn't mean that once you further explain yourself that people wouldn't step back, take notice and say "Oh, I guess this guy DOES know from whence he speaks . . . "
Ducatiboy, I like your response. I appreciate it and apologize.

So I guess on this forum, I could put $20,000 custom sound systems in Ferraris. But if I never installed a Z1, I don't know jack.

Cool, I get it.

I'll reserve my comments not to what I know, but what I know about the Z1. :D
htrdlnc -- well given the fact that the question (in question) was about the ss wire on a Charger for a Z-1, then yeah, I would think that your $20k Ferrari install experience doesn't apply -- maybe I'm wrong? I'm certainly not someone who would point at your experience and say "You don't know jack." because I'm not an installer. I take no issue with the fact that you know more about car A/V installation than me . . . that's a given.

The [b]only [/b]point I am trying to make is that when you show up as a new contributor on a Forum and make what appears to be a pretty debatable statement based upon your "20 years in the business" without providing detail as to the nature of your experience or the technical backround of your proposed answer, it's probably a little unreasonable to expect the resident expert [i]not [/i]disagree with you.

It is certainly not my intent to offend you, but apparently I am doing so. For that I apologize.
Thanks all. We are ordering a Pac-Audio module which will handle the VSS stuff. On the steering wheel controls; used a Pac-Audio module but they didn't ship doc telling you to set it up for the right vehicle. One phone call and 30 seconds of programing and it was done!

Thanks again!