AVIC411.com

I need to find the speed sense wire for an 06 Charger

That might be tough, that whole thing is can bus interface. I used to have a 2005 300C. But hopefully someone knows more than I about the inner workings of these, but I seem to remember that with the can bus interface it's hard to just tap off such a thing, you might need one of these:
[url=http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/C2R-CHY.pdf]http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/C2R-CHY.pdf[/url]
Hmm, you may want to check at the cluster. Even if everything is handled over CAN for communication, there is issually a hard feed into the stepper motor for the speedo. I would try some DC/Mopar specific forums (I don't know any unfortunately), as that will be your best bet.
[quote name="skicrave"]I would try some DC/Mopar specific forums (I don't know any unfortunately), as that will be your best bet.[/quote]

I do:
[url=http://lxforums.com/index.php]http://lxforums.com/index.php[/url]
I'm number 69
[url=http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=7310]http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=7310[/url]

:)

Or maybe
[url=http://www.300cforums.com/index.php]http://www.300cforums.com/index.php[/url]
I worked on a base model Charger that did not have the speed sense anywhere. Called Pioneer and they told me it wasn't in the car. Had to do without it.

It will still work by GPS, but you won't get as many POIs.
[quote name="htrdlnc"]I worked on a base model Charger that did not have the speed sense anywhere. Called Pioneer and they told me it wasn't in the car. Had to do without it.

It will still work by GPS, but you won't get as many POIs.[/quote]

It has it. The car won't operate without it. You just need to search for an accessible place or find an adapter that will tap into the CAN bus such as Ducatiboy suggested.
[quote name="htrdlnc"]I worked on a base model Charger that did not have the speed sense anywhere. Called Pioneer and they told me it wasn't in the car. Had to do without it.

I'm pretty sure that the number of POI's you would see in the map are in no way related to wether or not you have a VSS wire hooked to the Z1. It would just use that to try to "nail down" your position more accurately than with GPS alone.
I'm sure it has it too. It's just a matter of seeing if you can interface the Pioneer with it. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Ducati, I am just telling you what Pioneer told me.

I have over 20 years in this business and I'm just trying to pass along some info that I have learned before.

Thanks guys for trying to tear someone down for helping. Guess I can add this site onto my list of one's NOT TO visit.

Thanks.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="htrdlnc"]I worked on a base model Charger that did not have the speed sense anywhere. Called Pioneer and they told me it wasn't in the car. Had to do without it.

I'm pretty sure that the number of POI's you would see in the map are in no way related to wether or not you have a VSS wire hooked to the Z1. It would just use that to try to "nail down" your position more accurately than with GPS alone.[/quote]

Gooseman is working on my car, I'm bringing it back to him in about an hour from now to see if we can get that and the steering wheel controls worked out (D-boy, just bought your circuit online yesterday--looking forward to installing it).

We got that pac-audio module but something isn't holding the programming. All the controlls work great at first and then suddenlly it looses everything. Audio up and down switches to fast forward and volume down (with the volume up button) etc. This is being a real pain in the butt.

On the VSS, the GPS works fine, we just couldn't hook up the speed sense--don't know what that will do to it but; knowing it's not hooked up, just kinda bothers me.

We will start calling around this morning to see if we can get this resolved somehow. Any thoughts you have, we'd love to hear from you!

htrdlnc: I didn't take his remarks as being harsh on you, just his opinion.
[quote name="htrdlnc"]IDucati, I am just telling you what Pioneer told me.[/quote]

Ok, if that's true, that seems very weird. Maybe that person at pioneer is smoking something they should share. Maybe not.

[quote name="htrdlnc"]I have over 20 years in this business and I'm just trying to pass along some info that I have learned before.[/quote]

Well, that's good, we are always happy to learn something new.

[quote name="htrdlnc"]Thanks guys for trying to tear someone down for helping. Guess I can add this site onto my list of one's NOT TO visit.

Thanks.[/quote]

You are welcome? :? I re-read the thread and I didn't see anything that could be clasified as "trying to tear someone down". Maybe I'm getting a "different feeling" as I read the same words as you did. Sorry if you took it that way. The only 2 people I could think of that even might have caused you to think that way was either me or 03Aviator, and I know him pretty well and neither one of us would try to tear anyone down. Maybe we picked a wrong choice of words in the posts, but I assure you, no one here (at least in this post) was trying to tear anyone down on purpose or by accident.

If you chose not to come here, that's your right. Sorry you fealt that way from this thread. Even re-reading it looking for something mean or nasty, I just don't see it.

But thanks for what you contributed thus far and good luck in the future.
[quote name="metech"]We got that pac-audio module but something isn't holding the programming. All the controlls work great at first and then suddenlly it looses everything. Audio up and down switches to fast forward and volume down (with the volume up button) etc. This is being a real pain in the butt.[/quote]

Mine was quite a pain as well. I don't know if it was "losing" the programming, but getting it programmed right took a large number of attempts to get the timing right and all. I did it over and over making sure I got the order down.

Something to try, just program volume up and down. And then stop programming. See if that holds. Or just Volume up (or whatever the first one is). It took me a while, going through the procedure over and over just programming the first control, till I got it right, then once I had it, I did them all. So far so good.

[quote name="metech"]htrdlnc: I didn't take his remarks as being harsh on you, just his opinion.[/quote]

Thanks, I really didn't see it either. If it was me not thinking the POI's and the VSS were related, that was just my opinion. I don't know for sure, but if that's true I want to smack the engineers at Pioneer even more than I did a day ago. That would be real dumb to link together. But they might have. I believe htrdlnc that Pioneer said that, but I don't know if I beleive that is how the unit functions. Just my own opinion with 6 weeks of no VSS and now 6 weeks with VSS. Seems the same to me.
htrdlnc -- not trying to offend you or 'tear you down', but if someone disagreeing with you is more than you are able to stomach, perhaps you [i]shouldn't [/i]hang around here.

If you took a moment to read ducatiboy's posts on this forum, you'd see that he's a pretty helpful guy. I read his post to you and while it might sting that there is a chance that he's right and you're wrong, I can't see how anything he wrote was an attack on you personally. Btw, if I have to choose between 20 (generic) years in the business and ducatiboy's experience with these particular units, I choose ducatiboy.

I can appreciate that we all have different tolerance levels for criticism and disagreement, but I can't see being so sensitive being a useful way to approach life . . . I mean, people disagree [u]all the time[/u]. In fact, I can't imagine a situation in life where there aren't people out there with different information, opinions, experiences.
Maybe "reading" text is different than talking to people "face to face".

But here is exactly what I am talking about: Btw, if I have to choose between 20 (generic) years in the business and ducatiboy's experience with these particular units, I choose ducatiboy.

How do you know what I have, or don't have experience in. Am I reading too deep into this all. I don't know?