AVIC411.com

going to Need some help with install on H2

I have a 2000 eclipse gt and i installed the avic-d3 on it myself, I have a friend that has just ordered one for himself and i will be doing the install. I realize that this will be more complicated than the install on my eclipse so i have a few questions. Is there a wire harness that plugs into the stock one that will have my left (+) left (-), and so on? or do i need to find every wire and cut and them all? If they do make this where could i get it? This hummer is an 03 i believe with onstar and bose system. I also need to know about the dash removal, how does the dash come off on the hummer? I know i will probably have to just figure it out myself but if anyone has an h2 and has done this before any tips will be greatly appreciated, Thanks alot.

Just about any store that sells car stereo equipment sells aftermarket stereo adapter harnesses. Check with Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.

You shouldn't need to cut any wire in your car. The harness splices up to the wires coming out of the new radio and plug directly into the vehicle's factory stereo wiring harness. And they're usually labeled and color coded as well, so you can't really mess it up easily.

If you havent started this install yet there are a few things that you need to know.

1) the on-star system runs through the factory radio if cut the factory plug the on-star system will not work. Best buy and all the other carry a harness that will plug in to the factory plug and will interface with the on-star and has a relay pack that produces the Acc. power. But the harness cost about $130. If your friend does not want to spend the money his on-star will not work, then there is a regular harness you need to get and you will most likly have to run a wire from the fuse box or ignition for the acc. power. I highly recommend the expensive harness.

2) To take the dash off of a H2 there are allen head bolts that a very lon that need to come out. If i remember right there are a few screws that need to come out in the center console and it just need to be pulled back a little bit for the dash peice to come off.

Just about any store that sells car stereo equipment sells aftermarket stereo adapter harnesses. Check with Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.

You shouldn't need to cut any wire in your car. The harness splices up to the wires coming out of the new radio and plug directly into the vehicle's factory stereo wiring harness. And they're usually labeled and color coded as well, so you can't really mess it up easily.

Agreed that you should use a interface and not cut into GM harness. This would negate portability and going back not to mention losing onstar.

Try the elcova hummer forum link for some install help with other hummer users... :D

alright i got the harness i think its called the gmos04, So i just unplug the stock hu, plug the gmos04 into that and then wire thet to the AVIC-D3 correct? Sorry for all the questions i just dont want to look like i dont know what im doing in case he decides to stick around and watch me do the install.

i dont know if you have already done the install on this hummer or not but there is alot more then just pulling those allen screws out. you have to take apart the whole center console. just to let you know. otherwise you could break that whole center piece