AVIC411.com

Finding song by name...

If you're talking about using a disc: You could separate the files into sub folders, like instead of just throwing a whole bunch of song files on a disk, have them separated into folders by genre, and inside each genre folder, separate them into artist folders. It takes a little while to set that up to burn it to a disk, but it will save you a ton of time in your car searching for songs.

Or if you're talking about using an ipod: Just use the menus (artists, genre, playlists, etc.) to narrow down the list you're looking through.

Well like I said, you can shorten the list you're scrolling through by narrowing down the list by artists, genres, etc.

I guess you could also set up a playlist for each letter of the alphabet and put songs starting with that letter in their respective playlist. I-tunes lets you do that pretty easily (and automatically) with the smart playlist feature.

Well like I said, you can shorten the list you're scrolling through by narrowing down the list by artists, genres, etc.

I guess you could also set up a playlist for each letter of the alphabet and put songs starting with that letter in their respective playlist. I-tunes lets you do that pretty easily (and automatically) with the smart playlist feature.

Great idea. I'll just setup Smartlists to narrow down the Artists etc. Such as "Artists A-D"

Thanks Hifi. Guess I wasn't thinking outside the box!