AVIC411.com

Is there a way to turn off the warning screens that pop up??

There's no solution yet, and it will probably be quite some time before that's available.

The Z1 does take quite a bit longer to boot up, but that makes sense because it's pulling data off the harddrive, which takes longer.

What I've found is that if you leave the system in Nav mode, it will take much longer to boot until you can do something. If you have the iPod playing though, you get music almost immediately, even if you can't make adjustments or enter a new destination. It is by far the fastest source to load.
[quote name="skicrave"]The Z1 does take quite a bit longer to boot up, but that makes sense because it's pulling data off the harddrive, which takes longer.
[/quote]
I am sorry, but are you on drugs? What you said makes NO SENSE! Have you tried to boot your computer from a CD/DVD vs. a Hard Drive lately? :-) LOL

The OS (Windows Automotive) is in ROM in the unit and only map data and preferences are on the HD. The boot process should be almost instantaneous or at least faster than the AVIC-N1/N3 since they boot the same way but the Z1 reads maps from the HD which is MUCH faster than the DVD.

I suspect the slowdown is due to the OS it loads and we're stuck with that. Removing the warning screen would definetly be a nice touch though since I assume that is on the HD.
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
no
no
no
no
no
no
no
and

no

fyi, if it where thered be a topic about a hack to remove it in the appropriate topic section, this has been asked/answered and asked again many times for a long time.. not likely to be changed.
[quote name="skicrave"]What I've found is that if you leave the system in Nav mode, it will take much longer to boot until you can do something. [/quote]

Interesting that you say this....cause I noticed that it defaults to the single view map mode on startup, which you can see behind the nag screen... I notice this because I keep mine on the vehicle dynamics screen...

Mine has no nag screen IF, I turn it off with the AV menu or Sytem menu screens up...

Probably just talking out my ass, but if the actual map overlay is stored on the HDD, which I doubt, you could probably learn something by digging into the single 2d view map... But I can almost garuantee you that the overlays are stored in ROM.... And I'm sure that the nag screen is as well... It would be kewl though...even if there was a way to simulate a key press to the touchscreen, so that you din't have to do it your self...

Funny thing is.... If it was ever possible to get rid of it, I'd probably still reach up and hit the middle of the screen by habit... I almost don't even mind it anymore... It actually gives me even the more reason to wait... let my truck startup gracefully, get the A/C or heat going, and oil to the top of the engine, before taking off...Which I do religously anyways... So really, not a biggy for me...