AVIC411.com

XM / Nav Traffic doesn't work. Button not highlighted.

Finally got around to wrapping up my install last night. Went to activate/use the XM radio and found that the button isn't highlighted when I goto source. Everything is connected at the XM box. Aside from something coming unplugged from the Z2 when we fed all of the wires in, is there anything that I'm missing. Looking through the Z2, it's like the XM/Nav traffic doesn't exist.

Thanks!

Don't mean to sound nasty - but do you have(or done) the following steps?

1. Have a GEX-P10XMT XM tuner - that is the only one that is NAV TRAFFIC capable

2. Check data cable from GEX-P10XMT to the AVIC. It is a seperate cable from the power & IP-Bus

3. Have you signed up for the NAV TRAFFIC service thru XM - its about $ 5.00 more a month for it.

Other than double-checking your connections, you might try resting the Z...

Yes, I do have the GEX-P10XMT. Connections look to be good. Only things are aren't connected are the IP Bus In and IP Bus Out. My other vehicles usually either have XM or Sirius satelite radio. I know that has to be activated but there is usually at least one channel that works. Even if it's just telling you to sign up. Actually, I believe there are a few channels available before the subscription is done. When I goto source, the XM button isn't there. available to be used. It's there, but not highlighted like the FM or DVD for example. Tried resetting the unit but that didn't work. I'll pull the wires down to make sure the fuse isn't blow. That seems to be up high enough that I'll have to slide the Z2 out.

Well the p bus cable needs to plugged in along with the data cable. The data cable is for nav traffic and the pbus for audio xm. You need both of the plugged into the xm tuner and the radio. You also need the power harness plugged in. If any of these are missing it won;t work properly.

Thank you very much for the info! I was reading the installation instructions again last night. It kind of sounded like that cable was for a different head unit but I guess it makes sense that it's require. That trim is a pain in the butt to take off (new body style GMC Sierra) but this should be the last time it comes off.