AVIC411.com

Considering a Z2

So my old Kenwood DDX-7015 w/ KNA-DV4100 navigation was stolen last week. The insurance will replace it with the Kenwood DDX-8019 w/ KNA-G510 navigation. I'm not really fond of the Garmin GPS look. They insurance can also give me the cash option of $1500 or something of the same value in a different brand. Right now the only options I can find are the following:

Kenwood DDX8019 w/ G510 navigation

Kenwood DNX7100

Pioneer AVIC-Z2

Alpine IVA-W205 w/ PMD-B200 navigation

Eclipse AVN-5495

Other than the navigation features, the next important thing to me is bluetooth. I want to be able to transfer my phonebook from my Blackberry Curve, see incoming caller #'s and names on the HU, dial numbers or names from the phone book on the HU all without having to remove the phone from my pocket or holster (except for the phonebook transfer).

3rd important feature is USB. I'd like to be able to either plug in my mp3 player (non-ipod) or my blackberry and use it for playing mp3s.

I guess my question is if you didn't already have the Z2 would you still buy it again or would you buy one of the other models listed above and why?

Thanks for your input!

Ok so now the insurance guy I've been talking to says I can take the cash out option (includes cost of units + installation fees) of $2242 or I can have them send me a AVIC-Z2 and a check for $121.

I mentioned I'd found the Z2 for about $1500 from an online dealer. He said it must be a refurb as the actual dealer cost to purchase a Z2 is greater than that. I see a lot of people buying from sonicelectronix.com and would prefer to buy from there and use the leftover cash for addons and other stereo stuff, but I don't want a refurb or something that Pioneer won't warranty.

Any thoughts?

Well that sucks. I went to Circuit City and played with both the D3 and Z2. The D3's interface blows the Z2's away. If they could put the D3's software/firmware on the Z2 I'd buy it in a heartbeat. When was the Z2 released? Think there will be a Z3 that would match the D3's interface and features any time soon?