AVIC411.com

2006 Civic EX Speed Wire

You`should use a computer safe test light ( power Probe etc) to test the wire. DO NOT USE a normal test light. You will backfeed in to the computer and fry it. When you hook up the probe, Put the car in gear and drive the car 10 to 15 feet and while you are doing this the probe should pulse ( flash) when moving but not when stopped. If on wire doenst work try the other one/ When I go to work tomm I will see if I can find out what pin# the VSS is.
Keith
[quote name="keithss"]You`should use a computer safe test light ( power Probe etc) to test the wire. DO NOT USE a normal test light. You will backfeed in to the computer and fry it. [/quote]

That is excellent advice. It's a really good idea to use an LED test light. A normal test light can draw up to 2 amps of current (depending on the bulb). A "computer safe" test light is an LED which some can light up with only 2/1000 of an amp. If you try to source an amp by touching a old style test light on the battery, that's fine, but if you do it by touching an output from a computer, those aren't meant to source that much current and and keithss is right, you can blow out all sorts of needed circuits.
[quote name="Anonymous"]There are two blue wires in the radio plug. Which would you suggest? Anyway to positively identify it?

Thanks

Chip[/quote]

at least on the LX, it seems to be the wire next to the Acc +12V in the middle of the harness... blue with silver on it. Not the light-blue one.... I don't think you are going to measure anything with a VM or such...it pulses and it's not continuous.

Sam
[quote name="smarsh"] [quote name="Anonymous"]There are two blue wires in the radio plug. Which would you suggest? Anyway to positively identify it?

Thanks

Chip[/quote]

at least on the LX, it seems to be the wire next to the Acc +12V in the middle of the harness... blue with silver on it. Not the light-blue one.... I don't think you are going to measure anything with a VM or such...it pulses and it's not continuous.

Sam[/quote]

A logic probe like they're talking about will display the pulses. Another option is to use a digital multimeter such as a Fluke and set it to frequency. That will give you a reading. However, that may be an expensive meter....