AVIC411.com

Custom Install Question Help needed on question

Ok I installed a D3 in a 2003 Denali w/BU-cam. Truck has factory rear A/V Entertainment DVD/TV in one dropdown that still works. It also has RCA input for video 2. Now if you are familiar with Denali you know there is a 6 disc din size cd changer in lower center dash area. so I am gonna put a 7" flip out screen. So here is how I am gonna run that.

1. DVD in and out from and to D3. so both units can play on each other.

2. Run AV outs to the rear factory t.v by RCA Y-cables.

3. Also run Y-splits out into a 15" Dropdown going into 3rd row ceiling area

NOW THE QUESTIONS I HAVE:

I have rewired kickers in all 4 doors with speaker wire out of harness independtly to the head unit.

1. Can I tap into the speakers going into the D3 and run them also into the second flip out tv in lower dash, leaving option of turning up volume on either unit. I would only use one at a time of course?

2. I have a 6 disc Pioneer FM modulated changer. I just bought a regular Pioneer Changer cable that has power cables running with them.

Will this wire conver the changer into a regular changer being able to be controlled by D3 instead of the little FM mod cable and controller.

Any help would be appreciated fast because I am gonna hook all thesde up tommorrow or sat.

On the first question I dont see why not, and you give no explanation y not. The speakers are not thru the wiring harness, so why couldnt I run the into 2 head units. As long as there both not turned up at the same time. can anyone give a more detailed answer on this. BTW the FM MOD cable does remove from changer and i believe it is i-bus