AVIC411.com

AVIC-D1 Help

I grounded the parking brake wire near the parking brake and put it on a toggle switch, i can now use the toggle switch to operate the parking brake. I next disconnected the mute wire and put it in the open space which was above the ground wire, i then grounded the other to the frame. The navi controls are still turning off when i hit about 15mph, do i have to ground the mute wire to the black ground wire? Also, do i have to ground the parking brake wire from the connector or will the way i did it suffice? i am still getting a message telling me the parking brake is incorrectly hooked up but i am thinking this could be from a poor ground from the mute wire? Sorry if this sounds like crap, i am not much of an electrical person though.....i would greatly appreciate any and all help.

i have done the bypass, the problem is that once i hit about 15 mph the navi controls cut off as if the parking brake is not on. do you think the bypass wire could be grounded incorrectly? I am still getting a warning at the beggining that is telling me my parking wire hooked up incorrectly as well, all i did with that wire was put it on a toggle switch and that aspect of everything works fine! i can flip the switch and it will turn the brake on or off.